1) When staying at a hotel/motel, remove your valuables from your vehicle (GPS unit, radar detector, cell phone, iPod, etc…).
2) Be aware of your surroundings when walking between your hotel/motel room and your vehicle (have any valuables already locked in your trunk before you pull into the parking lot).
3) Use any safety features a hotel/motel room offers (door latches/locks, safe, etc…).
4) Take a charged cell phone with you.
a. Even if you don’t have a carrier, a cell phone can still call 911.
b. Find a friend or family member who has an old cell phone they are no longer using if you don’t have one.
5) If you stop at a rest area for a nap, make sure there is a guard on duty and stay in a lit area close to where people will be.
6) Don't stop for disabled vehicles; use your cell phone and call authorities to come and assist them as it could be a setup for a robbery.
|Become a Fan of Newby Realty on Facebook||Newby Realty - Manufactured Home Sales|
|Newby Realty provides sales of new and used manufactured (mobile) homes throughout Florida in Bradenton, Clearwater, Debary, Edgewater, Ellenton, Fort Pierce, Hudson, Lakeland, N. Fort Myers, New Smyrna Beach, Ocala, Palmetto, Port Charlotte, Port Richey, Sarasota, Winter Springs, Zephyrhills.|